Sunday, March 30, 2014

Not like riding a bicycle

Every time before I go in to have a baby, I get nervous. I'm anxious, excited, scared, basically a little bit of everything. It's definitely NOT like riding a bicycle. It's new every single time and it's a little bit, okay a lot a bit, scary.

The night before I had Cole I snuck in and kissed Chloe, Sophie, and Noah like it could be the last time (ya, I know, I'm overly dramatic,...but what if something went wrong?!)

This pregnancy was hard on me. Maybe because I turned 30 this year? I hear 30 is when things start headed downhill with the ole' body. Do I dare say this go around was even harder than carrying the twins? Maybe I just forgot? When the doctor recommended that I be induced at 38 weeks due to high amniotic fluid, I didn't mind one bit. But then I started to panic. What if he wasn't ready to come 2 weeks early? What if his lungs weren't developed enough, what if, what if, WHAT IF?! Ya, I get all CRAZY with "what ifs".

You'd think that after doing this a couple times, it would be like "riding a bicycle". It's not.

Luckily, this is all now in hindsight. Cole's beautiful birth story to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment