Monday, August 3, 2009

July at a glance

August?! AUGUST?! Whew! Where did July go? We have been so busy around here that I am just now summarizing our crazy month. Its been in my draft box for weeks? Does anyone else ever do that?! Anyways,..the highlight of July was when Brad's parents and Nana came to visit. This is when all the excitement happened...Noah's Party...4th of July...and the girls' Blessing. (See previous posts) I would have never been able to pull off three parties THREE days in a row without some MEGA help. Dianne (Nee Nee) basically took over B's birthday. She made up the theme, decorated the cakes, and pulled it all together! I just showed up and took the credit! ;)

It was so nice to get help from everyone (Come Back,..PLEASE!) My home has never been so clean, Brad has never had so many shirts ironed, I've never been so well feed, and we caught up on some much needed sleep. I almost felt like I wasn't a new mom! The girls were adored the whole time while I got some ME time! :) I was even sent to get a pedicure and my hair done! Toot Toot! Currently,..my house is a wreck, my toes are in shambles, and my hair,...I think I washed it a few days ago?! AGAIN,...COME BACK PLEASE!?! :)

Some of the highlights of their visit included eating...A LOT! I think its a known fact that when we all get together, we SPLURGE,...and it is heaven! :) So much for that baby weight! Pops did magic tricks with peanuts and pulled them out of some "interesting" places! ;) Noah spent some much needed time with his BOY cousins John and Ty! I don't think I've ever seen a little boy admire anyone so much! He especially thinks John is one "Cool Dude"! We played outside in the swimming pool, at the park, and in Noah's new sandbox! B's sandbox was a birthday gift from Brad. It is extra special because my dad helped Brad construct it, and Brad's dad helped fill it with sand! I know it sounds silly, but that sandbox is sentimental! It was truly made with love from 3 of B's favorite men! :) Makes me smile to see him playing in it every day.

Pictures are worth a thousand words, so here are a few (okay a ton) of my favorites of when Nee Nee, Pops, & Nana came!
4 generations! :)

The Sandbox!
This picture of John and Pops melts my heart..... Yes we are rednecks,...sledding in the summer! :)I'll give you ONE Guess who decorated our son !?! ;)
Peanut "tricks" with Pops... Pops getting ready to shoot the marshmellow gun!
Bestest buddies! :)Pictures of us stuffing our faces,..why are there so many of these?! ;)

...and even more pictures of us laying around with the babies!?
It seriously JUST ISN'T FAIR that we all can't live closer! :( Having grandparents and cousins all over the United States just plain stinks. :( Thanks for coming out and spoiling us rotten. Noah can't stop talking about NeeNee and Pops and his scooter! :) We had so much fun (especially that crazy parade!) We love you all so much.
The rest of the month was pretty lame (except for my lover's 29th Birthday...I'll get around to posting that hon,...hopefully)! ;)

7 comments:

  1. how fun! I miss my girls being that little!! They are getting their little attitudes lately and it REALLY makes me miss them being that little! Enjoy and they are sooo stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE the picture of the boys eating their lunch in the sandbox! July sounds like quite the month of parties. This is what summers were made for...little boys to have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley!!! I have so many things to say all at once that I don't even know where to start. I am just so happy for you & Brad. Your girls are simply perfect ~ beautiful, adorable, deliciously sweet, ect... & I can't even tell you how much I LOVE their names! I kindof dropped off the face of the earth for a while but I've been thinking about you a lot lately so I finally got back on to see the latest & I'm just so thrilled for you. I've read several of your latest posts & I can totally relate to each of your joys & fears, reading everything you wrote has brought back a flood of memories for me & I am near tears right now. What a blessing for your family ~ I can hardly stand it! If you have any announcements left, please send me one. Congrats little mama, I am just so happy for you & I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to have Brad's family come out to be with you. They are great! Looks like you are having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Coates family is seriously one of my favorite families in Tifton! I love all the pics. I know how you feel about living closer to family. Derron and I are sad to be leaving Missouri next summer, but we are really looking forward to being near family and having the kids around their grandparents all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the pics. I am glad everyone had a good time. I can't wait to see your new little ones and for you to meet Elliott. We love having Nee Nee and Pops close. They spoil him rotten.

    ReplyDelete