Thursday, August 21, 2008

Celebrating 5 years...and some golf.

This past week we had my brothers and parents in town, so we took FULL advantage of having babysitters and went all out celebrating our 5 year Anniversary. Brad went over the top (of course) and I got him a LAME-O book. Yep, a book. I did make him french toast with hearts on it! Ha! Ya kinda 1st graderish and cheesy,...but heck,...LOVE is cheesy! Seriously,...I am a pretty lame lover. ;) But I'll take all the romantical things he does any day. I really need to work on stepping it up a notch!Anyways, We ate at the fondue restaurant "the Mona Lisa". Two thumbs up for the food and the atmosphere there! Wow! Then we snuck away and had a night to ourselves at the Anniversary Inn in Boise while Noah spent his first night away from us with my parents. I walked in to a beautiful room full of candles, roses, and a simple cake with a 5 year candle on it. Brad did some other really special personal sentimental things to pay tribute to 5 years together. -5 years and he's still working it! Thanks for still "woo-ing" me babe. I'm one lucky lady.
5 Callalilies and 5 roses to honor 5 years! Toot-Toot! :)

The 5 year candle was my favorite "touch"!

After our special night, Brad, my dad, and my brothers headed up to McCall/Tamarack to officially open the "McKinlay Open" golf tournament. Pah-LEASE! They are dead serious about this! This year it was a four round tourny, until they didn't like their scores and decided to scratch the first two rounds. Funny boys. The tournament will proceed next weekend in the Park City, UT area at the Wasatch coarse where they will finish the final two rounds. Standby watchers are welcome! ;) Oh,..they want a refreshment "cart" to follow them so if there are any volunteers, it would get me out of one pathetic day!

Zac *AKA - self proclaimed chief commissioner* made this leaderboard.

Oh boy...may the best man win. :)

9 comments:

  1. I just love reading your blog Shelley. You are not lame! I am giving Tyler a spotless bathroom for our 24th Anniversary. Yes, the bathroom is THAT BAD! Yikes, I hate to think of what is alive in there, LOL. Happy Anniversary!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Hilarious! Brad always treats you soo good, what a lucky girl! The anniversary inn is no mexico....but heck i'd take it!!:) (we are still going though,right) call me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny! You got a good one in that husband of yours! Happy 5th! I know that will be many more....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was nice of Brad! Looks like you guys had fun. I can't wait to come visit. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on 5 years. Sounds like you had an amazing day! The Mona Lisa is fantastic! Makes me want to fondue right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew you would love the Anniversary Inn! What a sweet husband you have. I sure miss you already. When are you next coming down to Utah?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Don't you love grandparents, you can leave your babies with them and not have to worry about anything, you know they are being taken care of. Brad seems like one sweet guy :) And the McKinlay leader board cracked me up!! Glad you guys got some alone time, it is always much needed. Have you guys been to the Destinations Inn in Idaho Falls? It's sooo nice, my husband can be pretty sweet sometimes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have an "Archibald Open" every year, I think it is awesome you guys do the same thing! I'm going to have to hire Zac make us a leader board!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, I love it!! You know Brad needs to give Jeremy a lot of pointers...could you send him over? And I love the golf tourney, such a "guy thing"

    ReplyDelete