Friday, June 5, 2009

Twenty Fingers & Twenty Toes

First off, Thanks for updating my blog mom! :) We were very proud parents and wanted to share our news as soon as we could! Secondly,...YES,..I know it has been just over a week since my baby girls were born, but all new mothers know that THAT is a valid enough excuse to fall off the face of the earth for a bit! ;)
So,...we are home! How incredibly blessed our little family has been the past week. All of my concerns are behind me (well not all,...ok,...they are probably just starting but you know what I mean). There was so much worry building up throughout my pregancy: Will I lose a baby? Will I deliever early? Will I be on bed rest? Will I go full term? Will they have to be in the NICU? Will I be okay delivering TWO babies? These two perfect little girls have completely stolen our hearts. I knew that I was having twins,..I really did,..but I didn't REALLY believe it until I saw these two perfect little girls in their daddy's arms for the first time. It is mind boggling to me how our bodies can create ONE baby, yet alone two at the same time. There is so obvilously a larger hand in the miracle of it all. As for the details of it all,...(I'll spare you the detailed details)... I was induced early in the morning on May 27th. They had to monitor each twin very closely, so they were administering pitocin VERY slowly to make sure they were handling labor well. I was getting discouraged because it was taking so long to progess much. At 4:30ish they nurse started getting a little flustered because she realized I was ready and we needed to head back to the Operation Room immediatley. (I had to deliver in the O.R. in case of an emergency,..standard procedure for twins). We headed back and I was overwhelmed to see about a dozen Dr.'s in the room "waiting for that emergency". 30 minutes, a breeze of a delivery, and 10 uncessary Dr's later, we had our two baby girls in our arms. It was one of the most emotional and spiritual experience of my life. The only other time that I remember feeling that way was when Noah B was born. Having that one experience for that one moment makes going through the pregancy worth it.
The hospital experience was wonderful at St. Alphonsus. The nurses were top notch, accomodations comfy (full size bed for me and hubby), complimentary romantical "Celebration Dinner" from the hospital, and massage before checkout. I can't say enough good about St. Al's. If you live in Boise, give it a go! ;)
The past few days we've been "adjusting" and quite honestly I've been a blob of a blob. All of you moms out there know that the first few weeks after giving birth can be hard. No sleep, adoring your new miracle, hurting boobs (TMI I know), hormones, emotions, crying, laughing, feeling so blessed, feeling overwhelmed, etc. etc. etc. Give me another week and hopefully I'll be back in the swing of things. Noah has been so sweet with the girls. He loves to help and to give hugs & kisses whenever he can.
Thanks to everyone who has sent their love and congratulations. We feel so blessed not only to have these two spirits in our home,...but also because we have such wonderful friends and family to share in our joy. Thank you for thinking of us at this special time.

29 comments:

  1. So adorable!! Thanks for the update! I have been checking daily to see more pics. I hope you are all adjusting well and enjoying this special time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just adorable Shelly. So happy that things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to see things are going well. the twins are adorable and noah looks so cute with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are home safe! I can't believe how much they look like Noah! Not to mention they definitely make Noah look all grown up! What a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been anxiously awaiting an update but i took almost a month off so i totally understand the need fro some time. First off. . . way to go shell you did it. Secondly. . .I don't think you could have two more beautiful little girls to grace your home. They look so perfect. We are so excited for you and I hope the hormones chill out soon. Live up the rest time while have help. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelley, you are Super Mom! Congratulations on the healthy arrival of two beautiful girls. Maybe Tyler can go for one of them ;) I wish you all the best in the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are precious!! I am so glad everything went great. I think I will move to Boise for our next baby, I am seriously jealous of your hospital stay!! You look wonderful and hopefully everthing slows and falls into place soon for all of you!! Noah is too cute with his little sisters they all look soo much alike.I could keep going and going So Congrats again and take care of yourself:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh! they are just so perfectly perfect! what precious miracles those babes are. what a blessing that everything went smoothly.
    congratulations again to your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are adorable. I'm glad that everything went well. I too think they look like Noah! So sweet! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at you Shelley...blogging when you're on your own without help! You are amazing. The twins are so adorable. I had fun holding them, they are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are so cute! I am so glad that things went so well and that they are finally here! Keep up the pics when you get the time! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shelley they're adorable! I'm glad things are going well so far. I can't wait for more updates and cute pictures of your little family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! They are adorable and I am so glad that everything went well! Please keep in touch, I love talking with other parents of twins, and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! I am so happy that everything went so well!!! I swear our birthing stories are almost identical...the taking forever and all and then everything going wonderfully! I am so happy for you guys to have them here and I promise the hard time flies by so fast you will look back and say "that wasn't so bad, I could do it again" (maybe j/k about that last part!) Anyway, too am jealous about your hospital! Poor Luke had to sleep in an itty bitty recliner! Good luck and if you are ever in Blackfoot I would love to come down and meet those two precious girls!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good to hear and update and that things are going well. I am so happy for you guys and now that we are back in ID you will have to let us know when you make the drive over. I know that will probably be awhile away But I can't wait to introduce our Chloe's:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love you guys and im so glad everything went well.. I knew you could do it! Give Noah B and the babies a big fat kiss for me xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shelley, give me a call anytime you need a break. We love hanging out with Noah. Please, please call if you need me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shell, Brad, Noah and baby girls,
    What an exciting time for your family! I loved the update and all of the pictures! Your family is so beautiful!! And to think I was the one that introduced you two!!! You guys are my one success! Now return the favor!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are two gorgeous perfect babies. I am so happy for you! You are amazing. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't believe your hospital sent you a romantic dinner. The most romantic thing I got was a plate full of cold meat balls. Nasty! I'm so glad everything went perfectly; I knew it would! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are too sweet to think of me when you have so much on your plate right now! You have three wonderful reasons to go MIA for a while, I totally understand (and will even more when this third baby comes along)! Always wishing you the best...I swear it gets better and better every day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Shell, Way to GO!!! You did so good carring the twins they look great and so healthy for twins! I'm so proud of you for taking such good care of yourself! They are BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You guys - they are so darling. Congrats! That is so exciting! What a neat experience. Good Luck! We are so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So great Shelley! I know it really is amazing huh? And these first few weeks will all be a blur in awhile! ;) Sounds like you guys are doing great! Thanks for the update! If you need anything let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. They are so adorable. I have been waiting for pics. I think they look like noah. Do they?? I am glad to hear things went so well your so awesome, and you look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Do they have names yet??? I hope one of them is a Liza!!! : ) Congrats to both of you, scratch, all three of you!!(Including Noah B) How fun! What beautiful little girls you have! : )

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on the beautiful baby girls!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh My Goodness!! These girls are DOLLS! They have one great big brother too! That is awesome Congrats to your family for such a cute healthy lil family!!
    Hope all is well and you are getting some sleep!! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete