Saturday, January 10, 2009

Quarter of a Century?!

I've been meaning to blog every day for the past few weeks,..but it kept getting put on the back burner. I had all of these clever ideas of what to blog about: "Christmas",...which I've been uploading pictures to that post for days and days. It will be posted soon...blogspot needs an option to upload more than 5 pictures at a time! ;) "New Year's Resolutions,...but I've already broke most of those so I guess I'd better not blog about that (new earlier bed time, no binkie for Noah, etc.). I could go on and on...I think I even had a random witty entry in mind, but it has since left me! Dang it! ;) does any one else get overwhelmed when they fall behind blogging? It's like dang scrapbooking! You start feeling guilty as soon as you get behind the slightest bit.

Anyways, today I turn the big 25. In some ways I feel that old and in others I feel like I'm still 16. Twenty Five seems to be a bit of a reality check. I'm seriously an adult now! I'm a mom of 1 (shortly 3). 3 kids?! Ya, I'm getting old. ;) As each year passes it seems like birthdays become less and less "special". I still try to milk it for all it's worth! I'm going to turn this week into my "birthweek" just to see how it goes over with Brad! ;) But this year I have already felt extra special because some of my sweet friends threw a surprise birthday party/girls night for Jen Dalling and me (our bdays are super close). We had a birthday cake, we stayed up late and told stories we probably shouldn't have been telling (PG-13), and played games. I felt so special to have some of my friends go out of their way to make my day more special. Thanks girls! :) You really are the best.
Brad, I'm looking forward to my special "birthday date" tonight! :) Happy Birthday to my sweetest neice Elle too! It's so fun sharing a birthday with you. I love you little girl!

15 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday do my sweet Shelley Annie. It was a special day 25 years ago today for me. My first daughter, and a light in my life. I love you so much! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I hope it is a great one! And I have to admit I am looking forward to your Christmas post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a great birthweek! That is so like me... you should really try for a birthmonth (but that has never worked for me, but why not try)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard 25 is the best age to be (from my older friends)! I hope you have a wonderful birthweek and a fun year being 25 (mom of 3)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday! I'm going to be 25 this year too. You say you feel like you are still 16, and I think I'm going on 46! I'm sad I missed the combined birhtday party. And I hope the salmon turned out delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy B-Day to you! I wish I was there to take you to Bardanay like last year, and then go for some yummy cupcakes:(! Hopefully I can come up soon and we can celebrate!!! Hope you had a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I feel crumbed, I didn't even know!!
    Hope this is the best one yet!
    I turned 30 on my birthday and only then did I feel that i'm finally a grown-up.
    love ya, Babe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday! I seriously know at least 10 people with this birthday, I'm NOT even joking!! :o) I hope it was super special for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Shelley!! Wait till you turn 30!! Ha! :) I still milk my B-day for all their worth to!! We deserve it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 25th Shelley. Hope you had a great one. Say hello to the boys for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Shelley....Congrats on the twins that is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated Birthday. I hope your birthday week was a good one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Shell! You have quite the year ahead of you:) A lot to look forward to, that's for sure! By the way, I LOVE your family pictures and header for your blog! Did you do it yourself? You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated Birthday! Hope you had an awesome day! Also thank you for the darling Christmas card you sent. It is hanging on my fridge right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday Shelley! You just made me feel REALLY old. Oh well - we just get better with age.

    ReplyDelete